Above: Spring in the heart of Ligonier. Photo by Todd Wilkins.
Also AVAILABLE ON THE TUNEIN RADIO APP, YOU CAN LISTEN ON YOUR COMPUTER WITH THIS LINK, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE OR MOBILE DEVICE!
IN THE BOROUGH OF LIGONIER YOU CAN FIND US ON LOW POWER COMMUNITY RADIO - AM 1620 or FM 100.9.
If you have an event that is non-profit, church, community group or even a lost pet announcement, please e-mail us: info@LigonierRadio.com.
- MARCH 22: On March 22 at 7:00 p.m at the Ligonier Valley Library., Ligonier resident, Mark Sliwa will give a lecture and slide show presentation of his travels through the Ukraine, featuring the Black Sea port of Odessa. His travelogue will also include slides from side trips to various locations including Transylvania (Romania), one the oldest preserved walled towns in Europe (and home of Vlad Tepes- or Vlad the Impaler– the model for Dracula). The program is free and open to the public.
- MARCH 23-25: The Ligonier Valley High School will present the musical South Pacific March 23rd-25th at 7 PM in the school auditorium. Tickets are$10 for adults and $8 for students.
- MARCH 25: The 8th Annual Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce Soups On will be held on Saturday, March 25th from 11AM-2 PM. Ligonier merchants will host local restaurants serving over 20 delicious soups. Purchase your tickets and taste your way around the town. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in advance at the Chamber office. No tickets will be sold on the day of the event.
- MARCH 29: The Ligonier Valley Writers will host Boston based novelist Randy Ross for a talk on Wednesday, March 29th at 7 PM in the Ligonier Town Hall. Tickets are $10 and Ligonier Valley Writers will receive a $5 discount.
- MARCH 30: The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley’s presentation with renowned paranormal and UFO researcher Stan Gordon has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 30. Cost for the program, which begins at 6 p.m., is $5 per person. Reservations are requested by March 29 by calling the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
- THROUGH MARCH 31: The Ligonier Valley YMCA is now hiring Lifeguards. For more information, contact Joyce Shaffer at 724-238-7580.
- THROUGH MARCH 31: The Company of Saint Vincent College present a cabaret performance titled In Harmony on March 31st and April 1st at 8PM and April 2nd at 2PM. The show features songs from various Broadway musicals. Admission is free but donations will be accepted.
- APRIL 1: Action for Animals will be holding a Cash Bash on Saturday, April 1st from 7-10 PM at Huber Hall in Latrobe. The $30 advance ticket includes All-You-Can-Eat Catered Buffet, Desserts, Snacks, Drafts, Coffee, Tea, Bottled Water & Soft Drinks and Full Cash Bar. There will be games of chance, 50/50 raffles, door prizes, Chinese Auction and April Fools Day mystery Bags. Tickets are $30 before March 25th and $40 at the door.
- APRIL 8: Enjoy an evening with the family as the Hollow Tree Players present Aladdin…Saturday, April 8th at 7 PM in the Town Hall Auditorium. Kids and adults alike will enjoy this interactive comedy with all your favorite characters. Tickets are $5 at the door with all net proceeds going to local children's charities and organizations.
- APRIL 8: The Loyalhanna Veterinary Clinic will be holding a Rabies Clinic to benefit K9 Officer Rocky of Latrobe and K9 Officer Kilo of Ligonier Township on Saturday, April 8th from 1:30-3PM at the Ligonier Agway. Cost is $9 for dogs and cats over three months of age. Microchipping will also be offered. All animals must be restrained either by a leash or carrier.
- APRIL 8: The Youngstown Volunteer Fire Department will be hosting a Rabies Clinic on Saturday,April 8th from 9AM-1PM. Cost is $10 per shot.
- APRIL 8: Antiochian Village will sponsor a Sabika Jewerly Bingo on Saturday, April 8th. Doors open at noon and the games begin at 1 PM. The $20 ticket includes a lunch buffet, drinks and 15 games of bingo. .All proceeds benefit The Court Appointed Child Advocates of Westmoreland County. Tickets can be purchased at the Chamber Office and the Ligonier Valley YMCA.
- APRIL 20: Ligonier Valley Historical Society is thrilled to host its 26th annual, Tastes of the Town on April 20 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in The Cedars at Antiochian Village and Conference Center. During “Tastes” attendees sample sumptuous treats presented by an array of our fabulous local restaurants and bakeries. This annual event brings together visitors to the Ligonier Valley and our local residents for a fun-filled evening of great food and fellowship. Call 724-238-6818 for ticket reservations.
- APRIL 28-30: The Saint Vincent College Gilbert and Sullivan Players present the musical Pirates of Penzance April 28th and 29th at 8 PM and April 30th at 2 PM in the Saint Vincent College Carey Auditorium. Admission is free, donations will be accepted.
- JUNE 16: Golfers Wanted!! The Ligonier Valley Chamber of Commerce will hold its 6th Annual Golf Experience on Friday, June 16 at Ligonier Country Club. Registration begins at 11 AM, Lunch at 11:15AM and a there will be a noon shotgun start. Dinner is at 5 PM. Plan now for a great day of golf, awesome prizes and delicious food. For registration information, call the chamber office at 724-238-4200.
- THROUGH AUGUST 31: As part of its 20th anniversary celebration, the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art at Ligonier Valley will host the plein air painting contest, Paint Us. Modeled after the Museum’s popular annual plein air Paint Out, the Paint Us contest invites artists of all ages to paint, en plein air, the Museum, its grounds, and its gardens.
Cost to participate in the Paint Us contest is $30 for adults, $20 for the 10-17 age bracket, and $10 for ages 9 and under. Artists may submit up to three works. All paintings must be completed and delivered to the Museum by August 31. For registration or additional information, please call the Museum at (724) 238-6015.
The paintings will be exhibited at an open house family day event on September 9.
- LIGONIER LIVING BLOG SITE is up and running. Visit them at LigonierLivingBlogSpot.com.
- THE LIGONIER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is seeking wedding photos taken on the Ligonier Diamond. If you have wedding photos from the Diamond e-mail them to office@LigonierChamber.com and they could be posted on their website.
- THE LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA has added a new spin class. The class will be held Friday mornings from 10AM-11AM. Sign up and get spinning!
- MEALS ON WHEELS: The Ligonier Valley Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers.
For more than 40 years, Ligonier Valley Meals On Wheels has served home cooked meals, Monday through Friday, to valley residents who are frail elderly, handicapped and/or living with chronic illness. This success story is due to the commitment of approximately 100 volunteers each month. Right now Meals On Wheels is in need of new recruits in the kitchen. Can you give a few hours one day a week to help prepare a meal? You will join with seasoned volunteers whose work is directed by a kitchen coordinator.. For information call…724-238- 7250, 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- WESTMORELAND YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- YOUR LOCAL FIRE COMPANY: Ligonier is a community that is proud of the dedicated service of its volunteer fire companies. The dedicated men and women who volunteer have provided endless hours of emergency services for our neighborhoods and businesses. Show your supportby making a tax deductable donation to the Ligonier Valley Fire Companies P.O. Box Fire, Ligonier ,PA 15658.
- CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP SERVICE: Each Saturday evening at 6:00PM a contemporary worship service is held at Heritage United Methodist Church located on the diamond. The weekly service includes praises songs, prayer and a homily. The service is open to the community, visitors to our community and folks from all dominations.
- THE WESTMORELAND COUNTY YOUTH COMMISSION is looking for volunteers for short and long term youth mentoring programs. To find out more how you can help area youth aged 10-17, call 724-830-4203.
- LAUREL AREA FAITH IN ACTION: Laurel Area Faith in Action serves area resident 60 years and over for quality of life volunteer services. For information on volunteering or receiving services, call Kim at 724-238-9411.
- SCORE: Are you interested in starting a business or know someone who is? SCORE is available to help. Westmoreland SCORE is located at St. Vincent College in Latrobe...Call 724-539-7505 for more information.
- LIGONIER VALLEY VELO CLUB is a cycling club welcoming all types of cyclists. For more information, call Topler at 724-787-9733.
- GEE WHIZ GADGET GROUP: Did you have an e-reader, I-Pad, I-Pod or another electronic gadget and are not sure how to use it? Join the Gee Whiz Gadget Group at the Ligonier Valley Library and learn from experienced users. Call the library to find out meeting dates and times at 724-238-6451.
- LIGONIER VALLEY RAILROAD MUSEUM is open Saturdays at 9AM. At their new location - the old Darlington Station!
- HEARTLAND HOSPICE. Be a Heartland Hospice volunteer. Give a compassionate heart and listening ear. Call 1-800-427-7572.
- BIG BROTHERS/BIG SISTERS. Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Laurel Valley Region needs volunteers. To find out how you can volunteer, call 724-837-6198.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY GROUP. For those interested, please call Peggy Carney at (724) 694-2911.
- MOTHERS-OF-PRE-SCHOOLERS meet two Wednesdays a month at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. To join, call Caren at (724) 539-7472 or Nicole at (724) 238-3982.
- LIGONIER VALLEY YMCA: Free aerobic thearapy classes each Tuesday and Thursday at 10:45AM.
- LIGONIER LIBRARY RE-READABLES USED BOOK STORE is open at the Library. Books, CDs, DVDs, and more.
- NEW FLORENCE LIBRARY QUILTERS meet the forth Tuesday of every month. Bring your own project to work on.
- CURRENT EVENTS ROUNDTABLE is the second Thursday of each month at the Holy Trinity Parish Meeting Room.
Enjoy some classic music
for a classic American Town!
"If you like The Beatles,
you'll love John
Send us your upcoming
community events to:
or call 724-238-4317
Local shops and services
located in downtown Ligonier, PA
View Larger Map of Ligonier, PA
Please feel free to use the
graphic below on your web site as
link back to LigonierRadio.com